Sunday, September 9, 2007

Running in shape and yellow duckies




Completed my 10km shape run today :) am glad to say that I did a personal best! was quite a pleasant surprise cos I felt quite lousy and had a massive case of inconfidence before and during the run. Just didn't feel that strong doing the run....


Before I talk more about the run, just would like to thank a friend for making some references to my blog in his blog ;p Hehz. You know who you are. Not sure about you, but kestrel here always feels very touched and gets quite a kick out of getting all the comments and references to my blog in other blogs ;) Thanks for reading my blog!


Back to the run. Thought I'll share some really heartwarming scenes that I saw today :) The shape run is a women's only run. Men are not supposed to be taking part in the run. For my 10km run, there was this guy, who kept running along the pavements to alongside the run. He would sprint ahead. Stop. Take pictures of his wife/gf who's running. Sprint again ahead. Take further pictures again. So sweet ;) I'm definitely very impressed. ;p


Nearing the end of the run, I saw this guy, hand in hand with his wife/ gf, walking towards the finishing line. The lady looked rather tired but this guy kept cheering her on to complete the run. Hehz. Absolutely heartwarming :) Kudos to the guy :)


Went off for lunch at central mall. Was very lucky to get a table that has the perfect view of the Singapore river. Caught the ducky race - which unfortunately would be held for the last time. Some pics to share with all of you :) (at the top...hmmz. gotta figure out how to put pics at the end)



2 comments:

stardust979 said...

duckie race! My mom used to name a duck after me when i was in uni...debsy websy...nostalgic...

can see kpu laughing his socks off.. (-_-)

Daniel said...

10km? i struggle to complete 5km.