Sunday, March 9, 2008

More people than computers

Hehz. My friend said that I should try to keep up the momentum in blogging..more in anticipation of the next chapter of my life that I will be going into :) I said I'll try, so here I am ;)

Was down at the IT fair at suntec today. Was definitely amazed at the number of people thronging the exhibition halls at suntec. We kept encountering people who have made their purchases and were carting back boxes of scanners, printers, computers etc. Must say that I was rather impressed with the innovativeness of the vendors, who probably supplied trolley carts (think those carts that you use when you go travelling) together with the products, to enable their customers to cart back their purchases easily.

Apparently, cash purchases saves one up to a maximum of 3% on the transaction price. Yepz. For payments by nets, you pay 2% more. For payments by credit cards, you pay 3% more.

I'm sure that there are people who carry $1,000+ (or even more) in cold hard cash to make their purchases of these electronic products. Maybe it's just me, but the idea of carrying a thick wad of cash (think $1,000 = 20 x $50) to buy computers certainly sounds odd ;p Must be rather hard to keep that many bills in one's wallet! It certainly won't fit into my fat wallet ;p I keep having the mental image of someone who takes out a bundle of cash from his front shirt pocket and counting out the many bills in front of the cashier to make their purchase. Hehz.

No comments: