Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back

I realised that my blogs are always titled Back etc ;p Pretty uninspiring and uninnovative I gotta say.
Right. Shall work on it to make it better in the next posting :)

Been really away from SG for quite a while..a grand total of 17 days :) Must say I really really had a good break. 10 days away down in under in Aussieland visiting my family, followed directly by a 5 day course up North in M'sia..followed by a short 1+day trip in M'sia :) This is probably my first time transiting in Changi airport. Thought I"ll share my short transit experince at Changi.

I had a grand total of 2 hours to transit at Changi. Knowing me, needless to say, I spent like the first half an hour searching for an internet kiosk, to trouble-shoot my wireless@SG account..and of course to surf to my heart's content ;p Replied to a couple of smses on my handphone ;) (gotta say that I was pleasantly surprised to get 1 particular sms haha ;p) Next up, it was to treat myself to a really good chinese meal (having been relatively deprived) down under ;p

I walked into a particular restaurant after much hesistation, more so because, the people inside caught me eyeing their menu several times and asked me twice if I wanted to dine at the restaurant ;p (I was going through this complicated thought process of whether to head for the foodcourt for good ol Singaporean food or to head into the restaurant for Chinese food ;p). So, I went in a little reluctantly. Ordered food and asked for water. The waitress asked "still or sparkling", to which I very calmly replied "just water will do" ;p and she finally understood :)

Made my way to pay the bill after my rather satisfying bowl of noodles ;) Asked the cashier if there were any credit card discounts, to which she kept saying "yes, you can pay by credit card". Repeated my question twice, before she finally understood me and rather reluctantly said "yes. 10% discount for UOB credit card" Needless to say, I proudly whipped out my UOB credit card and got my discount ;p Perverse as this may sound, but I do get my kicks out of these really small victories ;p But then again, this really makes me wonder if (a) the restaurants in the transit areas are solely for tourists and not for locals like myself, or (b) I don't look Singaporean?

Just some musings about my 2 hour transit at Changi ;) Till next time. No pics this time I guess.

No comments: