Saturday, June 21, 2008

Special Kyushu Ramen

This blog posting is especially for a good friend whom I just had dinner with :) Welcome to kestrel's blog ;p Hope you have fun reading it ;)

Thought I should write on the dinner that I had. As you may have guessed it. Special Kyushu Ramen :) It was rather yummy! Tastes quite different from the ramen that we're used to. Especially like the roasted sesame seeds that they have in the soup :)

I guess I'm pretty much into a ramen mood since last year when I was introduced to the marutama ramen (or as my friends fondly call it the basketball ramen ;p) at central mall. Yep. For those of you who have tried it, it's the ramen with chicken stock ;) Which, I think should be a relatively healthier option than the usual pork based ramen that we are used to :)

Anyway, back to Kyushu ramen. Googled on the specific differences of kyushu ramen. Apparently, noodles in kyushu ramen are very fine, and often undercooked (i.e. they taste rather springy). They use pork-based, very thick white soup and goes well with roasted garlic :) Not too sure how many outlets in Singapore sell kyushu ramen. But this particular shop that I went to was along Mohammed Sultan Road. Prices are relatively ok and food tastes rather yummy too :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Kyushu ramen is supposed to be different meh? Only notice that the soup is VERY GOOD when I tried their instant bowl noodles, bought from 7-11. I did buy a box of Kyushu instant ramen back to Singapore. Wan a packet to compare with the restaurant version?

Singyuan said...

I quite like the kyushu ramen ;) Liked the nuts(?) and sesame etc that they had in the soup :) I'm always game to try new instant noodles! bring it on ;)