Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pottermania

It's been exactly a week since my last posting...not that I have nothing to blog about. In fact, I constantly have ideas about what I could write about...even have a slew of ideas about how I would start off my blog etcetc... Alas, when it comes down to doing the deed, there's always this inertia in me...and as a result, nothing much gets produced. Hehz.

It's been a rather busy week for me. Lessons by day. Work by night. Equates to long days of 8.30am till 12 midnight daily. Almost a punishing routine. The only good thing was that I managed to catch up with many old friends during the week. Bought 2 pairs of shoes. Slipped in a 10km run and a 20laps swim :) So I guess you could say that the week was relatively eventful.

Just caught Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix tonight. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. Though the movie did not capture the full essence of the book in its entirety, nonetheless, there was relative justice done in my opinion. Have always enjoyed the Harry Potter movies. Am very glad that they managed to retain the majority of the cast for the various movies. It's amazing to see how the characters have grown and matured from the little mites that they were in the Philosopher's stone, to the teenagers that they now are, exchanging kisses under the mistletoe ;p Just realised that there were no scenes of Quidditch in this movie. Curious me shall go check out the actual book to see if this part has been skipped ;p

The last book of the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has just been released today. Yipee! I've been walking past the Harry Potter display in the bookshop in the shopping complex next to my office building countless time. Can't wait to lay my hands on the new book. Shall wait for a while, when the hype is all over, to buy the book :) At a better price ;p (if I can resist the temptation till then). Pity's my b'day is still almost 3 months away. If not, I could have hinted blatently for the book as a b'day present :) Alright. Guess I'll probably console myself by re-reading the 2nd last book Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in the meanwhile. I recall that I bought it to entertain myself for my official trip to Sydney last year. Was reading it till late into the cold winter night in Sydney last August ;p Need to refresh my memory and to prep myself for the last book. Gosh. I couldn't even remember the part about R.A.B. .untill it was mentioned in the ST spoiler for Saturday. ;p Just who in the world can R.A.B. be? Who's the traitor? Oh boy, the suspense is really killing me...please don't tell me the answer, just get me the book ;p LOL

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hihi!

Wan to borrow the book from me? Got it posted to me early yesterday morning. First thing I saw yesterday when I opened my eyes. (ok, first thing after I brushed my teeth, but who's counting?) *grin*

Anyway, you can be the second in line, unless you arrange to meet up later. Can grab the book from me, and celebrate HX's birthday too...

Tag me if you want the book!

Cheers!

stardust979 said...

WAAAH...blatant birthday call..if you didn't tag sharon LOL..and you still want the book..suggest you msn me, wh, wy and the rest..we'll get it for your bday HEH..

thanks for watching the film with me :) :) Really appreciate it! Had a good talk too! Enjoyed the food! I'll read the half-blood prince soon..