Sunday, July 1, 2007

Kestrel speaks - part 1


Hehz. gotta thank Sharon for leaving behind so many comments to my blogs :) Thanks for reading! Ok. to answer your questions.


Why kestrel? Firstly, let's go to the meaning of kestrel first...If I may lift its definition from wikipedia...


The name kestrel is given to several different members of the falcon genus, Falco. Kestrels are most easily distinguished by their typical hunting behaviour which is to hover at a height of around 10–20 m over open country and swoop down on prey, usually small mammals, lizards or large insects. Other falcons are more adapted to active hunting on the wing.


Came across the bird kestrel when I was in Kalbarri National Park, Western Australia. Liked the look of the bird, how free it looks soaring over the cliffs of the gorge and the sound of its name :) I've always been a big fan of mountains, canyons and gorges and other natural landforms ;p So I decided to go by the name Kestrel for the purpose of my blog :) Just that :)


One of my friends commented that I write too much! I should post more pics to spice up my blog. Since I don't think that I'm photogenic, shall post pics of other stuff instead ;p Namsteroy, this is for you. Picture of kestrel, courtesy of wikipedia ;)

2 comments:

namsteroy said...

hahaha!!! very good SSS implemented hor??? will buy you a drink =)

The Unknown Stranger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.