Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Seduced!

Sorry, I thought I'll start off with a sensational header just to prove my point about what I'm about to write. For those of you who are hoping for something more saucy, my appologies once more. I'm the last person you would expect to blog about racy stuff ;p

Well, I've indeed been seduced. By the gigantic poster(s) of a particular magazine that flanks the walls of cityhall MRT station on my way to work everyday. It's the coverpage of a magazine that caters primarily to female readers ;) One of the articles headlined on the coverpage caught my eye. Literally tugged at my heartstrings. After repeated days of being seduced by it, I bought the magazine. Ok. I gotta own up that I did attempt to sneak a look at the article at a major bookstore. However, to my disappointment, I could not find a copy for browsing. After struggling for a few minutes i.e. taking the magazine off the rack and putting it back and taking it off again, I finally decided to buy it. Not too bad a deal I guess. It actually comes with an astro-seduction guide. LOL ;p

Honestly, buying a women's magazine is really not a big deal. Tons of women get their weekly or monthly fix of the latest fashion updates, health info, gossips etc from such magazine. But not me. Hehz. As a general rule, I really don't spend on such magazines. Prefer to save the money for my next trip or for other uses ;p The only time when I buy such magazines will be when their subscription can be offset against my running registration fees (;p) or when I'm whiling my time away at the airport waiting to catch a plane :) Not that I do not like these magazines. Gosh, I love leafing through them when I go for my hairdressing appointments :) It's just that, somehow, it does not seem to make much sense for me to buy these magazines. Maybe it's just me ;)

Anyway, back to the magazine. Well, to be really honest, the article that caught my eye proved to be a disappointing read. I was expecting more from it. Thought it would answer some of the burning questions in my mind ;p Turned out to be just a series of social experiments conducted in different settings. Tugged at my heartstrings in a bittersweet sort of way. Yeah. That's one of my main grudge against these magazines. They come with sensational headlines, but often the written contents leaves much to be desired. It's the pictures that are really worth the read. Hence, my perennial resistance to buying them.

It's been exactly one week since I bought the magazine. Sad to say, I've yet to finish reading it with my usual fervour and rigour for books. Have finished leafing through the pictures. But am a little slow when it comes to text. Alright. shall attempt to read it again tonight since I'm rather under the weather today..could do with some easier entertainment on the mind. Adios.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Sharon said...

*laugh*

I think I know which magazine and which article you were talking about. Managed to pick it up at Kino myself and browsed through before I decided it was not worth the buy.

I used to love buying the english female magazines to read. But recently turned to the taiwanese versions - many more pictures and more useful beauty info. You wanna borrow? *grin*

stardust979 said...

WHAT MAGAZINE? PLAYBOY?!"?!?!

Anyway...

I read the jpaanese ones..they are super bimbotic at times BUT some of them, like Nikkei Woman, have good articles on organisation and working skills, which are useful for me. Helps if I know abeeet of the lang. Helps me in my area of "seduction" LOL

speaking of which, got tips last night from a fren abt "seduction" so if you need any.. LOL