Saturday, July 7, 2007

Rest time







I thought I'll follow through with my current concept of posting pictures together with my blog :) Finally find a good use for the humble camera on my phone ;p The pictures were taken at the eatery from where I was seated at last night. Nice view of the river :) But I couldn't reach close enough to the window to take the picture to minimise the reflections, my appologies ;p This is quite a nice cosy eatery at Centrall Mall. Apparently it's a branch of a Japanese chain ;p Food is ok (by my standards), but the ambience is quite good and quaint. Service is good and it's a little interesting when it comes to settling the bill :) If you want to find out where it is, let me know ;)
Many thanks to the friends who have left comments on my blog. Keep them coming!! They are really my primary motivation to keep on writing (not that I have interesting stuff to write all the time)
Nice rainy and cool weather today. Didn't really feel like waking up. Don't we all just love cosying up in bed on days like that. Alas, duty calls, I've got no choice but to wake up to make a trip to the far West for some errands :) Road conditions were not too bad along the way. It's quite enjoyable to drive on a route that's finally long enough for me to listen to the 20+ songs on the CD that I burnt.
Was reminded of something that I learnt last night while driving. Heard about my friend's experience of "drifting" in an Altis. Was mighty impressed. I must have been watching too much of Initial D. Perhaps I should really find out more about "drifting" hehz.
Was at the doc's actually. Been told to rest (offered MCs - which I declined since it's the weekend), take lots of water and refrain from taking heaty stuff. Doc even looked me in the eye and told me firmly no exercises. To which I wondered. I've never told this doc of mine that I'm a regular runner who's training for various runs.....wonder how he knew....bet I look like a workoholic and a "runnoholic" if ever there's such a term! Oh well. Guess I'll be good. Not check office e-mails. But first, I'll need to "complete" my double appointments for this evening. I guess I"ll just take it easy tonight. By the end of today, I would have traversed Singapore from the far west to the far east. Hehz.

3 comments:

momomui said...

You have fallen sick? Ya.. do rest well and drink lots of fluid. Relax your body and mind la. Get well soon! :)

The Unknown Stranger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stardust979 said...

hi alphonsus or "sith lord", the fren so happens to regularly comment here. Will appreciate it if the comments can tone down abit. Obviously many years away hasn't weathered down your capability of irritating the likes of anyone.

got someone i know who can drift really well, and it's not kallang carpark rallies. it's karuizawa, japan. let me know anytime if you're up for the challenge.