Saturday, June 30, 2007

Runs

Yes. I'm back in blogosphere again. Been a couple of days of absence ;p Would like to thank all my wonderful friends for leaving such lovely encouraging comments on my blog :) Leaves me with such a nice warm fuzzy feeling reading all of your kind words ;p *dare I say, keep them coming hohoho*

I thought I'll write about runs today! Running season's back in full swing again. It's gonna be back to more intensive training for yours truly.Back to the days where I will wake up at like say 3am on Sunday mornings, grab breakfast and head off for my runs at 4+am ;p

Let's do a quick count of the number of runs coming up (based on my memory and radar):
1) 1 July Milk Run
2) 8 July Passion Run
3) 22 July Mizuno Wave Run
4) 26 Aug Army Half Marathon(AHM), Sheares Bridge Run
5) 9 Sep Shape Run *yum yum*
6) 21 Oct Great Eastern Women Run
7) 28 Oct Real Run
8) 2 Dec Stanchart

My real interest lies in the AHM, Shape Run and StanChart.

For Stanchart, it's always this internal debate as to which distance I should do. I had a terrible experience doing the full marathon (shall share that one of these days) and have since taken a 1 year hiatus. Am I ready to take on this challenge again? Or should I just stick to my safe and comfortable half marathon and concentrate on bettering my timing? Hmmz...tough choice. Shall give myself more time to decide :)

Love the shape run for the wonderful goody bag that it comes with! With no offense to the guys, it's actually a better feeling running and jostling among a pack of ladies in a women only run as compared to the mixed run. If you're a regular female runner like me, I think you will agree that running the shape run is a more comfortable experience than running say the Army Half Marathon ;p Just imagine squeezing your way through a brood of sweating males ;p As for the other women's only run, let's just say that, purely on economics ground, it makes more sense to do the shape run than the other run ;p

Am in 2 minds for the Real Run. I like the idea of running on different terrain i.e. running on tarmac, sand etc. Am a little disappointed that they shifted the Run from Sentosa to Changi. Still, Changi is one of my favourite areas around Singapore, hence, I'm still tempted to give the run a go ;p Only thing that is really holding me back is that, I'm not really too sure if I fancy waking up at 3am and doing a 10km run on the day when I turn 28. Thought I should be treating myself better ;p Oh well, we'll see how it goes again. There's still time to go :)

Calling all my lady friends out there :) If you've signed up for the shape run, and is looking for someone to train with, or to meet up together before or after the run, my door's always open :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hihi!

It's me again! Wish I'd known about all the runs earlier. Would have loved to take part in the Passion Run. Debating now whether to take part in the Mizuno Run. It's all the way at Bedok Reservior and will be busy and tired the previous day with a school Community Service Project...

Are you taking part in all the runs mentioned?

Sharon said...

Yup, it's me (again)...

In case I forget to ask you later, wat is "kestrel"?

And why the sudden interest to blog?

Cheers!