Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Loyalty

I guess I haven't been exactly that consistent in updating this blog ;p Unlike some of my other friends. Bravo. I can finally comprehend how much efforts it takes to do that :)
Well. Day 2 of my official leave. Gotta say that the current leave period is a rather pseudo one. I've taken to doing my own things, going for appointments in the day time. But logging in to do work only late at night when I get back. Am finding it difficult to fall asleep afterwhich. End up waking late the next day not feeling very refreshed. Rather screwed up huhz.
Anyway, on the issue of loyalty. Nothing too serious. Just wanna talk about it in a light-hearted tone.
My friends are all supremely confident of me being a loyal person when it comes to many things. gotta say that I disappoint them greatly when it comes to hair salons.
Yepz. I paid a visit to the hair stylist yesterday. Was itching to bob my hair originally. But was persuaded by many of my friends, who consider themselves to be connoisseurs of female beauty not to do it, so I decided to be really good for once and not rebel :) Nothing too drastic this time round. I'm actually rather easy-going with hair. Afterall, I've long decided that there are no permanent mistakes when it comes to hair. We always outgrow it after a while. At most, it's money gone down the drains ;p
Back to hair salons. I flit from salon to salon. To whoever offers the best deal (especially via credit card offers, b'day promotions, vouchers via women's only runs ;p). Sometimes, it could merely be a matter of proximity of the salon to wherever I was at, at that moment in time. However, agressive marketing and promotional tactics at some of the salons really put me off. Especially those salons which offer prepaid plans, where after plonking down $x, your cost per session would actually be cheaper. Based on my current experience, I think there's only one chain which offers this currently ;p The people that they put at the counter at the end of the session to hawk these plans are really agressive. Totally kills off the good experience that I've just had, having my hair done at the salon. It's usually bye bye to such salons. Or I'll probably go back only on the days when the agressive marketer is on his/her off day ;)
By now, I've probably got a good collection of hair stylists' namecards tucked in a corner of my home. Quite a waste, I gotta admit. I should have refused the namecards when they were offered, especially since I know that's probably the last that those stylists will see of me. But I feel bad rejecting the cards, so I end up hoarding a collection. Along the way, observed that almost all the stylists sport english names. Not just that, many of them have the "newer" forms of english names i.e. where the spelling differs from traditional ones but sounds the same, or are hybrids of 2 english names ;p Helps to leave an impression on potential loyal clients I guess. This disloyal client can still remember some of their names and the salon that they come from ;p Guess it's quite a winning formula.





1 comment:

Sharon said...

Used to be disloyal to hair salons and hair stylists too.

But you know me, not just anybody can tame my hair... So now, I've told myself to stick with this one hair salon. It's the only one I know always to give me a hair cut I won't regret.

Actually, used to go there way back when I was in Sec school (imagine!) - they had (and still have) very good student's deals. And now, after so many (shan't say how many) years, I'm back again!

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your 'new' look!