Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back to blogging...or rather attempting to blog ;p

Yepz. I'm back again. Not that I have much readership for my blog, since it's not publicised to all, not even to most of my friends ;p

Social experiment as mentioned in my first post in March has sadly failed. No one has stumbled onto my blog haiz.

Shall try social experiment no. 2 now. Another attempt to "guide" my friends to this blog of mine via msn. Dear friends. If you are finally reading this blog of mine. Please let me know ;p Let's see how this goes. Will give a quicker update. :)

My friends tell me that I am a rather transparent person cos the personal messages that I post on msn clearly betrays my current state of mind. Duhz. Yes and No I guess. Subconciously, when those personal messages were posted, those are the things that I do want people to know or do not mind people knowing about me ;p

Enough of those rambling about my amatuerish social experiments :) some updates about myself, for those of you who finally reads this blog of mine ;p

I would like to proudly announce that I'm finally on a short 5 day break! *big grin* 2 days for the weekend and 3 working days. Not that it would be a long complete break (I'm still expected to check my work mails intermittently cos there are some outstanding issues for which my head is still on the chopping board!), but oh well, a somewhat form of break is better than none at all.

It's been a mad and intensive 6+months, close to 7 months since my last 1 week break way back in Dec. The past few weeks have been extremely stressful and trying. My friends even said that I'm back to grinding my teeth in my sleep during my short weekend sojourn in Bintan. My backaches are coming back. Extremely glad to be able to be on this short break. I guess I gotta thank my enlightened boss for approving my leave ;)

I've got grand plans for the next few days.

a) Catch up on my running and swimming - I took a one week break. Too much work and too many post work engagements this week

b) Go shopping - my wardrobe needs an overhaul. It's actually quite troublesome when my weight keeps fluctuating at different points of my life. I haven't had a participative piece of action in the GSS.

c) Be a local tourist - I've always liked travelling. Always felt that leave should only be taken for urgent matters or for overseas travelling. Since I cannot afford the time luxury of travelling overseas for this occassion, perhaps it's time to revert back to the good old days of me, myself, backpack and my pair of legs to go trudging through Singapore ;p I would love to go tramping in the wilds, but I guess that would have to wait till another time.

d) Tidy up my finances - Need to put my money to more efficient use. 'nuff said.

e) Cook - there's something that I've been rather keen on experimenting with. Finally, I can find time to get down to doing it. Too bad my oven's spoilt. Baking experiments have been halted for so many years. Just chanced upon a new brownie recipe today. Haiz.

Sounds like an ambitious list huhz. I hope that I can do at least half of the items listed.

*yawnz* Time for a good rest. Happy to declare that I survived 2 consecutive shots today. My first attempt at drinking shots. Not too bad an experience. Most importantly, it tasted good :)

2 comments:

Palex said...

Hiiii!

I almost got it, wat! haha... i still say i underscored it, and i tried other possible permutations but this one... oh wellz ;)

glad to see you blogging... it's a good way to relieve stress at times, and to let your feelings known... even better is to track our progress as we develop from day to week to year...

Hope to see more posts, ya? Cheers!

stardust979 said...

I dropped by...no lah not so transparent lah.. :)

waah finances..but you're the most capable amongst us *sniff*