Friday, August 10, 2007

Coming of Age

Happy National Day! :) (I bet there are many blogs which start with similar words today ;p)

Went for 2 old friends' house-warming (well, they married each other ;p) today. Basically, all of us drove our own vehicles and converged at their place. For the infrequent drivers like myself, we got lost along the way, but eventually found our way there ;p Similarly, when we left the place, well, 2 of us left together, and followed each other's car to find our way out of the suburban maze in the west back home to the north ;p

Just a sudden realisation while driving back. In the past, all of us would have arranged to meet at the MRT station and walked to our friends' place together. With the coming of age, most of us are lucky enough to acquire a set of wheels, or have the means to gain access to loan a set of wheels. We don't really have to car-pool that much these days. (Hmmz. Maybe there's scope to be more environmentally concious ;p) We trail each other along the same routes in separate vehicles instead of taking the same vehicle. What a stark contrast.

The things that come with the coming of age...

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Hoho, I dun own a car coz it's too expensive and hardly cost-saving but I got a nice driver + car at times only :p

Sharon said...

Well, I dun have a licence, coz I know I'd be tempted to get a car if I do...

So meanwhile, I'm taking cabs everywhere. Trying not to - must save money and save the Earth. But still taking cabs too much...