Thursday, August 30, 2007

Holding Hands



Hehz. Another of my misleading titles? Read on.


First thing first, would like to say my thanks to quintessence and stardust979 for the ever engaging exchange of comments to my posting on "Daisy" ;p Thanks a lot for "boosting the "readership of my blog"(quintessence exact words) hehz.


Would also like to welcome a new reader to my blog, codename warren foo ;p Thanks for the encouragement and compliments! Kestrel will endeavour to blog more!!



Got this very nice pic from The Ugly Betty Blog http://blogs.indiewire.com/uglybetty/archives/hands.JPG
was thinking it would be a good complement to today's blog :)

Got inspired this afternoon while on my way to buy lunch back to office. It was a rainy and gloomy day. So I guess it's not too difficult to imagine me, armed with a big umbrella, walking gingerly in my heels, avoiding puddles along the way.

Saw this middle-aged couple (probably in their 50s) in front of me. The husband was holding on to his wife's arm as she kept her wet umbrella, to prevent her from slipping while walking on the wet steps. After the couple had kept their umbrellas, they proceeded to hold hands on their way to the eatery. I was right behind them. Somehow or other, I found the back view of the couple holding hands, making their way to something as mundane as lunch oddly touching. Hard to explain. yeah. Kestrel is a romantic at heart. Coupled with the rainy weather outside. It just felt rather heartwarming. hehz.

In any case, I did a quick search on google on holding hands after lunch and found the following amazing facts that I thought I'll share with all of you. Reinforces my romantic notion that handholding is good hehz

Do you know.....
a) holding hands may help to reduce stress?
http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20061220/holding-hands-may-reduce-stress

b) Hand-holding is the one aspect that’s not been affected by the sexual revolution,” found this lovely article from the NY Times. quite an interesting read
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/05/fashion/05hands.html?pagewanted=1&en=df52753c074593e8&ei=5088&ex=1317700800&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Last but not least, some trivia and techniques that came out from the google search, hehz. For your interested folks out there..
Top 10 ways to hold hands
http://www.romancetracker.com/top-10-ways-to-hold-hands-with-your-sweetheart/

3 comments:

stardust979 said...

who's warren? hi warren! Can see quint and i are bored here :p naaah, kestrel's blog makes for interesting reading.

kestrel, i need some major holding hands..got a concert tomorrow..and finished a puppet show ;)..please m super angry with small s.

Sharon said...

Hihi!

The weather's been crappy the past few days. Hope the rain's just keeps falling and stops by Sunday!

See you Saturday! And Sunday!

Cheers!

boo said...

=p