Friday, August 17, 2007

Daisy



pictures downloaded from www.daisy2006.com
hehz. thought I'll do a short blog in response to stardust979's comments.
Yes. the movie that I was talking about is Daisy - a korean movie.
Quite a beautiful but sad movie...the kind that leaves one with lingering afterthoughts...always the "whys" and the "what ifs" in life.....would have loved to discuss the movie in detail.......
I find the classical piano pieces that were used in the movie hauntingly familiar. Think I've played that particular song before...shall go digging through my piano scores to find out more.
Stardust, can you recognise which pieces those are? Sounds to me like they are from either the romantic or classical era...definitely not baroque...chopin or schubert?...I can't quite put my finger on it......and can't figure out from the korean website....

9 comments:

stardust979 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stardust979 said...

Shigeru Umebayashi, I think, is the same guy who composed the music for that Wong Kar Wai film, 花様年華. Quite famous. Either that I got him confused with the double bass player who also contributed to the soundtrack of Peach Blossom Land which is also one of my fav shows (I like Chinese art films).

I can't understand the Korean language, can you link me to the place where I can listen to the music? :D

Palex said...

dunno much about music... always seems like an accompaniment, rather than the focus of attention...

Good luck for sunday, my dear senior... I won't be joining in, but will be with u in spirit...

2 december, that's another story :)

Lunch was great, should do it more often, especially before u go back novena...even tho we meet up after work for drinking and clubbing... :P

stardust979 said...

HOHO you two have been dating after work huh? :D :D :D

Singyuan said...

Madam Stardust979, sorry to disappoint you ;p Our dear junior is referring those occassions when the 3 of us goes for dinner and clubbing. Remember MOS, Wine Connexion and Double O ;p

Palex said...

hahaha... looks like mdm sensei stardust979-san seems to be a little envious...

shall fan the flames of her jealousy then....

ms kestrel, would u be amenable to an evening of drinks and tapas at the axis bar and grill, oriental hotel? just smooth drinks, smooth tunes and watching the sun go down...

after all, us city-folk need to unwind after a bustling day at the office... plus, the pleasure of your company drives the office blues away... :)

stardust979 said...

HAHA! My flames are as strong as the elastic band that's dangerously close to bursting from arnd my waist now after dinner. Fan harder, fan harder, please.

You paying for oriental hotel? :D Surely it's not just tapas only, MR KPU :p Expandable wallet, our Siglap boy.

ps. Aadvark provides 'pleasurable' male company too, which might be more up your flaming (burning?:D) alley *innocent look*

Palex said...

ms kestrel, would love the pleasure of your company on a beautiful work-day evening... a night of sinful seduction, stolen hearts and stolen glances, unfettered passion and desire...

oh ya, guess we should invite a cheena secondary school teacher as chaperone... just in case!

stardust979 said...

*ahem* I'm from the civil service, I don't steal.

You civil servant also dun steal hor *slaps kpu's hands*