Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Posting. New Life.

Last day of leave. Mixed Feelings. Time to move on. To start work in my new posting. Time to rejoin the corporate rat race after a 2 year hiatus.

With a new posting, comes a new life :) Sad to leave the good memories behind. Good opportunity to let go of the unpleasant memories as well. Life's a balance of the good and the bad. Guess the bad memories shall serve as learning experiences in life :) Don't dwell. Move on.

Should write about something chirpy in typical kestrel style, rather than to sound moody and philosophical ;p

Have lotsa stuff that I want to share about my Korea trip. Shall share them bit by bit.

Hmmz. My Korea trip was done in a package tour style. Granted. Package tours are value for money. Comfortable. Relaxed. One definitely gets maximise coverage of all the touristy spots in a country. Coupled with juicy bits of information on the country from the social to the political aspects from the local guide. However, what I miss was the sense of initimacy that one gets with the country. Miss the days of just ambling about and exploring a country be it on foot, via public transport or in a car. Topo-ing my way around with a map or GPS for reference or simply by talking to the locals. Hmmz.

Came up with a couple of grand travel ideas during my Korea trip. For my next travels, shall aim to do one predominatly by rail and another that involves lots of sea travel. Am also eyeing a country that has the most number of UNESCO attractions (if I get my information correct). Shall aim to do this country from one end to the other ;p Guess where this is? :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You changed your template!

Singyuan said...

Yes! U're so observant ;)

stardust979 said...

Nice template!

OH I WANNA GO CRUISE! let's do the superstar virgo ( iget discount on my birthday time, virgo lah)...i think it's gonna be so good!!!

:( Dun leave me out of italy..boohoo..I'm gonna be somewhere holding an umbrella three countries from there (or is it two? I gabrah the facebook map challenge). :p