Thursday, October 4, 2007

Still on leave

I'm currently clearing my carried forward leave from last year. So it's 1 week in Korea and 1 week bumming around in Singapore.

well, I wouldn't exactly say 1 week of bumming. Have been up to quite a bit of things actually. For starters, there's all the archiving and cleaning up of my office laptop which took me 2 nights to complete. I've gone for 3 straight days of yoga lessons, probably will keep it up for another 2 days or so. Queued for 1.5hours at Raffles City for donuts ;p Gone for facial and shopping.

Been contacting quite a number of old friends to catch up :) First batch of catching up on Tue. Sent out messages to 3 people whom I've known for at least 10 years on Wed. Managed to meet up one of them last night. First time in 5 years! ;p Going to meet another of the 3 today this evening. For the last one who did not reply, arrghz. no comments.

1 week of leave passes by fast! There's still quite a number of things which I wanted to do badly, but can't seem to find the time for it. I still have an unfinished book on hand and a magazine to complete!

Thought I'll share something really interesting about the old friend whom I met last night. This is a friend whom I've known for close to 20 years ;) We share the same birthday. We will always get in touch every year on our birthdays! That's probably the strongest reason why we have never really lost touch through the years. ;p Upon catching up last night, kind of realised that we both seem to share similar experiences in certain aspects of our individual lives despite the fact that we have both led very separate and different lives for the past 10 years. We seem to be in similar limbo situations now and we are both wondering if this is some form of "retribution" for some of the stuff that we have both done previously ;p

Wonder if you guys have friends who share the same birthday as you? ;p Any similar experiences with these friends? ;p

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Still on leave? Lucky you!

My papers should be finished by Wednesday. Wanna go KTV one afternoon next week?

Meanwhile, take care and enjoy the weekend ahead!

Singyuan said...

Hehz. 2 weeks of leave from last year. Have to clear it :) starting work on Monday! Can't go for ktv with you :(
Have a good sunday!

stardust979 said...

So what has kestrel been up to that's so naughty to have retribution served up to your door? :P can't be that bad lah...

there those lumbdrum periods and those good days...they serve as good reminders of our close we were to getting a permanently scraped off the edge of the earth.

At least I tell myself that when I face unpleasant experiences :)

GAMBARE~!! (and no, i didn't take the ST test).